MULTICULTURAL COUNSELING & CROSS-CULTURAL PSYCHOLOGY
As an intersectional therapist, I try to be attuned to the interplay of culture, sexual orientation, race, gender, class, disability, and other identities. In addition to the importance of these factors in development, identity, and daily life, I also explore their impact throughout therapy:
- Navigating multiple identities
- Honoring clients' cultures
- Dealing with various types of oppression as well as their internalization
- Attending to the impact of these factors in relational, family, and communal concerns
- Attending to specific issues such as 2nd-generational concerns, cross-cultural adoption issues, migrating from one culture to another, navigating dynamics within interracial couples, etc.
- Working with issues of displacement and dislocation
- Exploring identity development
Together, in a supportive environment, we can attend to whatever concerns you may have.
Contact us to schedule a time.