LGBTQ Therapy in Durham - Raleigh, NC
I'm an LGBTQ therapist dedicated to helping individuals in the queer community navigate life with confidence, authenticity, and resilience.For over twenty years, I've supported lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender variant, and queer-identified individuals. My commitment lies in ensuring a safe, supportive, and affirmative environment for the LGBTQ community in Durham, Raleigh, and beyond.
LGBTQ Affirmative Therapy
Throughout my time as an LGBTQ therapist, I have worked with people in many ways, including:
Identity and Self-Understanding
- Understanding your sexual identity, including being queer in a heteronormative world
- Identifying your place in the broader community
- Overcoming personal and societal shame
- Building self-esteem
- Confronting internalized biases or navigating intersectional challenges
Coming Out and Building Community
- Seeking support during your coming-out journey
- Exploring coming out later in life
- Finding and fostering community connections
- Processing complexities such as simultaneously loving your queer life and feeling like an outsider from your biological family
- Enhancing dating and relationship skills
- Strengthening bonds or coming to terms with families of origin
- Supporting your relationships through queer-friendly marriage counseling or couples counseling
Spiritual and Cultural Concerns
- Addressing religious or cultural stressors
- Exploring a sense of spirituality that feels genuine and LGBTQ-positive
Recognition and Validation
- Coping with being mislabeled or misgendered by others
- Creating strong but flexible boundaries
- Fostering relationships where your identity is both seen and respected
Even living in a progressive area like Durham, Raleigh, Hillsborough, Chapel Hill, and Cary, finding a LGBTQ therapist can be very helpful. And, there are still pockets where homophobia persists, and an affirmative psychotherapist is invaluable.
I recognize that one's LGBTQ identity is only one part of who you are. Every facet of your identity matters, and I'm here to support the entirety of your journey, including addressing the potential overlaps of intersectional identities. My practice is inclusive, promoting body positivity and understanding diverse relationship configurations.
Contact us to schedule a time.